Boosters are used to enable pupils to revise particular topics intensively.
We run short courses lasting 3 to 4 days, covering Maths, Verbal Reasoning or English. These courses are held in The Latymer School N9 9TN during School holidays.
Pupils are taken through individual topics in great detail and are set relevant questions to answer during class - full explanations are provided using whiteboards.
The classes are led by experienced 11 Plus tutors.
We also have weekly, online boosters. Subjects covered are: Maths, Verbal Reasoning and English.
These are live, interactive classes.
For Maths and Verbal Reasoning, pupils are set a question and then given some time to answer it. The answer is then explained in detail by the tutor. Pupils can ask for similar questions to be set, enabling them to become proficient in a short space of time.
In English, both Comprehensions and Creative Writing are covered. For Comprehension, a text is discussed in great detail and questions are then set, with full explanations provided after, allowing pupils time to answer the questions. One question at a time is set followed by an explanation of the answer.
In Creative Writing, ideas for a story are discussed. This is followed by the pupils working with the tutor to write the story, one sentence at a time.
All online Boosters are recorded and can be viewed multiple times.
Creative writing Group
sessions - It's a 5-day course; each day is 3 hours long. All aspects of
Creative writing will be covered and pupils will have a chance to write
stories and have them marked according to exam marking criteria.
5 Day Group sessions - It's a 5-day course; each day is 3 hours long. Topics
covered can include: Fractions, Decimals, Metric Unit Conversions,
Areas and Perimeters, Volumes and all the Maths topics needed for the
11Plus Exams for various Grammar and Independent Schools.
Please visit https://greattutors.net/category/get_sub_cat/7 to book a place
Important Information - Mock Exam Day
In order to help create a pleasant and professional examination environment for your child, we have a few rules we expect parents to comply with:
- Please be arrive at the venue 15 minutes before the start of the exam as it will start on time.
- Your child should pencils, black pens and an eraser ONLY for use during the exam.
- One large clock will be visible during the exam.
What is the venue for the Boosters?
For the class-based boosters we will be at The Latymer School, Edmonton, N9 9TN
When do Booster sessions begin?
Our boosters start in February.
Can I accompany and settle my child in the classroom?
No. Only pupils will be allowed into the school buildings.
Is there a break during the session?
Yes, usually this will be 10-15 minutes break on each day of the course.
Can I see my child during the break?
No, the School will be closed to parents for the duration of the session. Parents should not return to the School earlier than 5 minutes before the session is due to finish.
What happens if we are late?
The session will commence promptly at the advertised time.
What are the cancellation terms?
You may cancel a Booster session provided you do so at least 14 days prior. You will be refunded the amount paid less 10 pounds administration charge. Where the Booster is cancelled by us for any reason beyond our control, you will be entitled to a full refund.
Can I change the Booster date booked?
Subject to availability and an administration charge of 10 pounds you will be able to change the date of the Booster.
Will I get a refund if my child is ill on the day?
We regret that we are not able to offer refunds.
Have your staff been DBS-checked?
Yes - all our staff have been DBS-checked.
How many years have you been conducting Booster sessions?
This year (2023) is our ninth consecutive year of holding Booster sessions for pupils
Why Great Tutors?
We have been tutoring 11 Plus tutors for 14 years.
Our tutors are very experienced in the field of 11 Plus exams.
Our fees are very competitive.
- You may not transfer or resell your Booster booking.
- Each Booster can only be booked for a named student. The student's name can be changed once a booking has been made, subject to an amendment fee of 10.00 pounds.
Charges for Cancellations
- Booster bookings can be cancelled up to 10 days before the scheduled mock exam, subject to a cancellation fee of 10.00 pounds for each Booster session cancelled. You will be refunded the balance of the price paid to the payment card that you used to make the Booking.
Charges for Amending your Booking
- Booster bookings may be amended to an alternative session date, at any time up to 5 days before the date of the exam you have booked. Amendments will incur a 10.00 pounds amendment fee and are subject to availability. If there are no suitable available Booster dates, then we regret that a cancellation of your booking will only be possible if you have made your request at least 10 days before the scheduled Booster session.
- You are required to provide a contact number for each child/student as part of the booking process. This is the number we will use to contact you in the event of an emergency relating to the child during a Booster session. It is your responsibility to ensure that the number you provide is correct and is for the relevant parent or appropriate adult who will be dropping/collecting the child on the day of the Booster . Please ensure you update this information nearer the exam date should it change from that originally supplied.
Health & Safety
- You must ensure that the parent/guardian or responsible person is entrusted with dropping off and collecting their child from the venue and that the child is aware and familiar with the adult who will be collecting them.
- As part of the booking process, please ensure that you disclose any medical conditions that we need to be made aware of, in order to assess whether we can make accommodation for your child. Please note that we are unable to accommodate children who need extra time as they will usually need to be invigilated separately. In case of allergy, we cannot guarantee that your child would not be exposed to the allergen, although we will always take reasonable precautions where notified.
- We use our best endeavours to ensure that each Booster proceeds on the scheduled day. However, we reserve the right to cancel a Booster session, due to circumstances beyond our control, or other reason, and in this event our liability will be limited to the amount you have paid. A full refund will be made in the event of any cancellation made by us.
- We exclude liability for damages for any claims in law including contract, negligence, tort or statute or otherwise.